BREAKING THROUGH THE CLOUDS:
THE FIRST WOMEN'S NATIONAL AIR DERBY
Breaking Through The Clouds premiered on June 26th, 2010 in Frederick,
Maryland as part of the celebration for the current women's air race.
Additional screenings are being scheduled now including:
More screenings will follow.
- AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin in July
- College Park Aviation Museum in Maryland in August
- Wings Over Big South Fork Air Show in TN in September
If you have interest in Breaking Through The Clouds being part of your
event, please email the producer.
THE DVD FOR BREAKING THROUGH THE CLOUDS
IS NOW AVAILABLE
BREAKING THROUGH THE CLOUDS is nearly 2 HOURS long and shows ACTUAL FOOTAGE of the 1929 air race.
In addition, there are AERIAL RECREATIONS in the film using planes like the women flew in the derby including: TRAVEL AIR, WACO, MONOCOUPE AND FLEET.
Over 13 years of research went into the making of this film. There are images of the women in the race that have rarely been seen before.
In addition, there are interviews in the film with legendary pilot ELINOR SMITH SULLIVAN, National Aerobatic
Champion PATTY WAGSTAFF, aerobatic pilot JULIE CLARK, family members of the pilots in the derby, aviation historians and people who knew the women racers personally.
PLUS, the DVD has OVER 20 MINUTES OF BONUS MATERIAL including
Breaking Through the Clouds was produced by an independent producer.
To support both the film and its mission as well as supporting the vision of independent artists, please consider purchasing a
DVD or supporting the film however you can. It is very much appreciated. Thank you.
- ADDITIONAL STORIES OF EVENTS THAT HAPPENED IN THE RACE AND OBSTACLES THE WOMEN OVERCAME
- BREECHES TO BALLGOWNS: WHAT THE WOMEN WORE
- TECHNICAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE PLANES FLOWN IN THE DERBY as well as Navigational Challenges
- SPONOSRING THE RACE: THE NATIONAL EXCHANGE CLUB'S ROLE
- ELINOR SMITH SULLIVAN'S STORY, IN HER OWN WORDS, ABOUT FLYING UNDER THE 4 EAST NYC BRIDGES